Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How to properly manage the income?
View Single Post
Old 21-09-2020, 02:31 AM
Unregistered

The biggest question is what are you spending your money on? You should record all your expenses in one month to figure out what you are spending your $9k on. There are apps for this.

For insurance, get an integrated shield plan (health insurance) asap. You can compare the plans here though I think they are mostly similar.
s://.moneysmart.sg/health-insurance
Then get personal accident plan. After that critical illness plan. Then only after that, term/life insurance.

For internet, if you are trying to save money M1's 500mbps for $29.90 is enough. There is also a free landline and a free 1GB data sim.
For telco, if you are trying to save money Zero1's 6u plan for $9.90 is good. It has unlimited internet data (though if you use beyond 6gb, the speed drops to 1mbps). It also has free caller ID, 200 incoming minutes, 200 outgoing minutes, 200 free sms.

Don't jump into investing now. Put your money into a high interest savings account while you read up on investment options. Here's a list of high interest accounts:
s://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xRB1I9gPaaTRUL-Z5nJ6Qx_TfenR_AOp/edit#gid=1948369204

Given you only have 10k savings, and you should have 3 - 6 months of living expenses, I would say save as much as you can.