Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

disclaimer: I'm a student so i apologise for any remarks which may seem ignorant

I heard it's easier to get a TC in liti/dispute resolution department in bad times like these. but i'm worried i won't like liti as i'm an introvert. if i don't like liti and i apply to be an assoc in the corporate department of another firm after my training, will it be very difficult to get a job as a corporate lawyer?

is being a liti assoc considerably more stressful than being a corporate lawyer in the same firm - i'm looking to apply to mid sized firms

on the other hand, let's say i like working as a disputes lawyer and do that for a few years. does that severely limit my ability to go in house, to the point where it would be almost impossible for me to get a decent in house position, if i have no connections and have average grades from a local uni?

can i go from being a disputes lawyer in private practice to working in a legal role in the public sector with only a weak second upper, in a role that does not involve me being a prosecutor? just curious even though i prefer the private sector for personal reasons

finally, is there a significant difference between litigation and arbitration work? i plan to take arbi mods in my final year. if i mostly do court cases during the TC that doesn't mean i can't do arbi work later on in my career, right? i think liti/arbi both should require similar skill sets?