Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 17-07-2020, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Omg I wish I could buy you a round for sharing this: "I not doctor I dunno. I let doctor make medical decisions"

Me and my batch mates from my MOCC all had this theory that non-regular MOs are cannon fodders whenever sh!t hits the fan. It always irks me how sometimes regulars who are not even medically-trained throw condescending remarks like "u last time study well doesn't mean u can disrupt my unit ops".
You are spot on!

The SAF is absolute rubbish. You should know by now. The exercises and what not is nothing for defending Singapore it is all for show so someone can get a good appraisal and promotion.

I don't know if you or your cohort have experienced things like this:

When I was MO I had a serviceman come in to see me. When I asked how I could help him he said he did not know. His encik told him to go see me. I called the encik and he said that this storeman is full of problems. AWOL. Lazy. Wont do work. He asked me to certify him unfit for storeman vocation so that he can post him out.

And all kinds of rubbish men are sent to the MO for. The MO is the "last line of defence" when it comes to people serving NS. There are literally thousands everyday trying to worm their way out of NS by saying they have some medical problem. Many are real. And many are also not real.

There is absolutely ZERO training in medical school all around the world to determine who is faking their illness. ZERO. We are all trained to listen to our patients and believe everything they say when we take history. Not suspect them of lying all the time.

But yet in the stupid SAF this is what the commanders expect MOs to do. Think of the men as liars. Cheaters. Geng.

I appeal to all SAF MOs currently serving and future, please be careful and do not fall for these tricks. It is smart that the SAF gets young inexperienced doctors for these roles. Because when you are about 5 to 10 years into practice you will have realized there is no one to protect you or back you when it comes to medicolegal mishap. You are on your own. And in medicine anything can happen. In a dangerous environment like training for war the risks are even greater. Protect your men your soldiers give them the ATT C you profession demands that you do.