Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - CV writing advice?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 10:18 AM

Husky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I guess you just can't handle the truth. Unable to refute my points, you resort to personal attacks and speculating my personal hobby and give useless comments like you pity my colleagues.

If you don't know anything about recruitment then don't talk nonsense please. You yourself admit you no HR experience & only do a bit recruitment in small company here & there, you best learn to be humble before trying to be "helpful".
Yes, I am so sorry... I will strive to learn from you humbly...

Correct me if I am wrong. But this is a forum... It's a place for discussions. I didn't address your points cos I felt they were basically pointless... If you have to insist that I address your points...

Quote:
1) There is nothing wrong with being a Senior Manager at 25. It could be that his previous company has inflated titles, that doesn't mean he's lying. In a lot of companies these days we have people 27/28 already Vice President.
I believe this point has already been addressed by another forum user.

Quote:
2) Agreed, but this is what I call common sense. There are of course some obvious stupid things one shouldn't do in CV, but I don't think TS was asking for a list of stupid things not to do in CV, rather he was asking for more concrete guidelines like length of CV, how much to describe each job, in what way should he describe his previous job and also detailed format etc. so this does not refute what I said earlier.
You think I thought... Look who's speculating? Again, let me repeat myself. This is a forum. I posted in hope that some people will find it helpful. If you don't you may ignore it.

Quote:
3) Yes, maybe the example you cited had poor clarity & was writing rubbish, but how does your example help in answering TS and others' queries on some broad principles in how to write a good CV? We have all seen bad CVs from 1 page to 30 pages, so what exactly is the lesson to be derived from your example? That we must write coherently? Again, I don't think this is what TS and others are asking.
And you think again... As you said, TS and others had some (in your own words) queries on broad principles in how to write a good CV. Giving a list of pitfalls to avoid would definitely help. Now if you would stop shooting yourself in your own foot.