Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 21-06-2020, 04:11 PM

Rorty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ah they aren't lawyers! Uhmm. My parents can pay for it, but it would probably mean that they would be left without savings... that's the problem and the reason why I am so reluctant.

On reapplying, I'm plan to do it! I was planning on doing NUS law this year and then seeing how the cards fall again for oxbridge come Jan 21. But my parents still want me to go to LSE instead of NUS law. Their reasoning is that if I don't get into Oxbridge in 21, I wont be able to go to LSE bc they would probably blacklist me for being a no show this sept...

So my idea is to take NUS law, use the online semester as a kind of pre-u training for the oxbridge interviews, and see how the cards fall. But ofc, the opp cost of this choice is what happens if I cmi oxbridge again... So I guess what I'm really asking is are the prospects for LSE that good that it would trump a NUS education and justify the exorbitant international fees? Bc from what I understand, if I decide to come back (or cmi overseas in the worst case scenario) the LSE degree is kinda trash compared to NUS...
I would go for NUS. LSE is generally seen as less selective and not as prestigious compared to NUS in the local market. And if you are intending to practice in SG, NUS gives you the local connections that you don't get if you study overseas.

The relative costs of an education in LSE vs NUS, plus the risks of studying in London with its higher incidence of COVID, tilts the decision even more strongly in favour of NUS.