Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 20-06-2020, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
A saddening post, but true nonetheless. It is also true for NUS. 50K course fees + expenses doesn't just fall from the sky you know. Particularly if you're already struggling to make ends meet i.e. 80% who live in HDB. Still not so painful if you get a scholarship.

I will one day hope to send my kids to Oxbridge/LSE. Not because NUS isn't good enough but I want that for my own children - the benefit of overseas exposure and the ability to work anywhere in the world should they choose to do so. It is a Singaporean dream.

Generally speaking if they get Oxbridge/LSE they should be able to secure scholarships. Tons of them do.

Obviously the course must be worthwhile. Don't do accounting and end up in Big 4. Don't do law and end up churning your life away through billable hours.

I would NEVER let my future kids do law. This is a real thing. Just not worth the trade-offs.

Medicine, yes. Dentistry, yes. Economics, yes. Business, yes. Yes, yes, yes. Computer science, sure, take my money. Not law. Not accountancy. Both are stupid choices - I write that without an ounce of resentment or bitterness for my own choices. It is the weekend and I'm working, just like last week and the week before.

I'm pretty sure a lot of us would agree that law is not worth it.
Not gonna disagree with you on what law is like, but I would argue that business and medical degrees are just as bad if not worse.