Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 19-06-2020, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hahaha. Should have been clearer. I wrote about the father-son team, but i did not write about a certain firm which hires mostly on connections - though i'm pretty sure i know which firm the poster is talking about.

I also disagree that permanent hires are decided based on merit alone. That's why we have rain-makers. There was even a HC judgment which described the role of rain makers and essentially said they serve a very real purpose (even if their legal skills suck).

Just saying. Law firms are a business. You need to get clients somehow.
Hihi. Same poster again. I wrote about the father-son team.

I forgot to add that it's been written elsewhere - i'm not sure if you can still find this account - but it is known that the said firm keeps a list/chart of who's related to whom.

Again, just saying.

Btw, i realized that it seems as though i'm saying those without connections etc can't make it. I do not take this view. While a lot of kiddos do get in through such connections, i also know a lot of people who don't and still manage to get into good positions with good pay.

I'm also one of those no connection people. I'm pretty happy where i am - but i also recognize i'm very lucky. If i wasn't so lucky, i would be one of these bitter posters hating on people who get in using connections.

No hate, just facts of life.

You can still make it if you don't have connections! Many of us do!