Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 19-06-2020, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This poster just sounds bitter. Being in the industry for some time, I have known people who used connections only to get internships in mid-sized/big four/internationals/FLAs. No one I’ve seen has ever used their connections to get an official position. Yes, referrals may have been made here and there. But these referrals are mainly from ex-colleagues or partners from other teams. People who got in through referrals still have to go through the interview process and their CVs would still be vetted extremely thoroughly. This is because partners in these firms have to consult with each other and they are responsible for each hire.

If you are confident about your assertions regarding the existence of ‘notorious’ firms who take in grads mostly through connections, please state the team and the firm right here. Or else, your assertions are just blind assumptions.
hahahaha. disagree with this perspective. in fact, i even know a team in a pseduo-international firm where the son works directly for the father who is the partner.