Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - DBS Management Associate Program 2015
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why will you want to know, since this stage is already over ---- Are you planning to join next time only when the economy eventually recovers in 3 years’ time ------ But I shall state some of them ------

-Family members are a huge distraction ------ especially with young kids or older family members who cannot behave well such as dementia elderly folks. ----------- Pets such as dogs barking

-Furniture placement, light positioning in the room or windows may make us look bad during the interview. Hard to shift furniture around just for one interview especially when they are built-in, fixed in place -------- before covid-19 I used to book rooms without windows or mirrors to do video interviews @ community centres etc

- Not everyone stays in big houses ----- with so many family members working from home, some with meetings the whole day as well etc, very easily cause distraction.
-Video quality, to be honest the interview video quality is very blur ----- not sure other bros and sis did you encounter this? When I see the quality straight, I know that I am dead, unless everyone is the same

-Most importantly, not everyone feels comfortable talking to a machine recording themself, it is truly uncomfortable -- ---- If it is person to person two-way video interview, it will be more comfortable. Solo or panel interview even if it is video based will be good because it is real life and engaging! It’s kinda sad that there will be many people who tends to do very well in person to person interviews may it be video or physical, but not do well in machine recording interview.

*************Ultimately, if a one-way video interview must be used, the assessment criteria should be on the information and answer provided by the person, not on how it was being conveyed via the video interview -----------There are so many factors that can adversely affect the communication quality in a recording, we are not professionals. A person communication and presentation capabilities should be judged only in the final face to face panel interview stage. Otherwise In such covid times, a written assessment instead of machine video recorded interview can be used for conveying the case study thoughts. MA should also be assessed on writing capabilities as well I suppose.

Anyone who would like to add on please add on ……..
But... isn’t video interview the norm for banking applications? Every single bank’s structured recruitment programs use this as a filter. By structured programs I’m referring to graduate and associate programs and excludes direct hires.

Saying you are uncomfortable with speaking to a camera is like saying you’re unfamiliar with taking phone interviews and that’s why you didn’t get to the next round... If you are serious about landing a job in finance you’d have found ways to prepare for this kind of situations. Just my take...