Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
SIM-UOL Alumni here.

FCH & passed all three levels of CFA tgt with CAIA on the first try. Currently working at a global asset manager (think Aberdeen, Schroders etc).

These “local uni glory hunters” are probably just frustrated because honestly, no one actually cares where you get your degree from (except for certain Govt roles / FO banking / MBB — “prestige” purposes)

Even so, the aforementioned roles are highly competitive and only take in a few candidates from local uni (excl. Govt sector). As long as you are willing to put in the work (i.e obtain relevant exp/professional certifications etc), you will get there eventually.

Cut out the noise.

Ignore the pathetic trolls here who clearly have nothing better to do than to hug their local uni degree diploma to sleep.

Exactly, just like what this guy mentioned, work hard get your soft and hard skills right, once you get through the gatekeeper and secure an interview it is all fair game afterwards.

Salary wise if you would like to compare to local uni, from what i seeing. Top local uni student> top SIM student(not those that went for auditing of course) > above average local uni student > average local uni student > above average SIM student

Just like SIM there are local uni students that does not seem as good as you hope them to be to the point that i would say they are incompetent , i have encountered multiple, usually from FASS, Science and soft engineering courses.

Bottom line, this is your last chance, if you think you are a decent person with a decent IQ that deserves something other than being average, you have to put in all the hardwork now and breakout of it.