Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What do you have against fresh graduates that are already having to deal with this covid crap while looking for their first job after investing 3-4 years into a degree? Do you really think that a fresh local university grad trying to negotiate for a 2.4k - 2.5k salary instead of 2.2k for their first job is being unreasonable in a market with a caocao 3.2k avg starting pay for even for FASS, the cesspool of NUS? Are they an entitled brat that needs to be kept in check after he/she busted their asses off studying in school and working internships? He/she is not asking for a 5k salary after getting an office servant internship at Google where they pour coffee for bigwigs everyday. It's 2.5k.

Are you the sort of person who, just because NS sucked during your time, complains about NSFs getting better treatment in recent years? Cry strawberry strawberry the whole day and never upgrade yourself because you're content farming your 4k salary for 20 years, but when you see young people wanting to get ahead using a new skill set you could've learnt as well if you didn't complain as much, you start to rant about management never working to benefit senior employees?

You might try to counter whatever I've said by saying you're in a top mgmt role earning six figures in some top MNC and not the lardbutt I'm describing you as, but you have the mentality of one. Stop trying to pull down people trying to make the best out of a bad situation just because you're stuck in limbo yourself and are too lazy to lift your behind to do something about it.

Get real, boomer.
Everyone is dealing with this covid- crap. E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E.
That's precisely the point and the reason i've felt it necessary to say my piece.

To think that you deserve to be paid more because you're from nus and have internship experience is the height of privilege. Nobody is giving business owners, retrenched pmets, or tenants a break. no one. Even the rental rebates are not enough of a helping hand to truly make up for losses.

The govt is expanding taxpayer money on these traineeships (80% funded by govt which is probably why they exist in the first place). Taxpayer money which btw, as fresh grads you've only benefited from and not contributed to. These traineeships are meant to ensure that fresh grads can tide over this period until better times. These are not meant to be jobs. I shudder to think what would happen to fresh grads in general if the govt did not start this initiative. i think the conversation will certainly shift from im worth more than 2.2k to something more productive.

So yes, expecting to be treated better than the rest of severely struggling society is indeed asking for the moon. It is indeed unreasonable to expect better treatment simply because of your existence.