Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Right? And it's not as if the person wanting to negotiate is asking for the moon.

To the fresh grad poster: Though I think it is unlikely your negotiations will go through because the contract is already drawn, at least the fact that you've tried will help you enter the SB with one less doubt nagging your mind during your job.

I think that it isn't unreasonable for contract employees to want to consider alternatives for if they don't get their contracts renewed even before they commit to anything. Asking for a slightly easier pay to negotiate upwards in the event the person cannot secure another contract is something any reasonable person, especially you, should at least weigh the consequences of even if they don't actually do it in the end.

I admit I was a little rash while commenting, but seeing some of my batch mates and juniors settling for way less than what they should be getting due to the current market rather than their own shortcomings is just sad to watch. Then I come to this forum and see a confused graduate getting bashed for asking if its okay to negotiate a bad offer and I saw red. My sincerest apologies to anyone that has felt uncomfortable about the contents of my latter paragraphs, but I have no intention of taking them back given the poster's casual yet toxic comment.
PREACHH THIS!! Thank you for speaking up for the class of 2020 + fresh grads. Everyone needs to start off somewhere. If you can’t even be given the chance to gain experience after grad then how to be an experienced worker.
Attitude and mindset also plays a part apart from jjst the number of years you have slogged away. And this is what most fresh grads can bring in, and there is nothing wrong with demanding a reasonable value for your work. After all if they don’t perform well there’s the probation period to determine whether they should be fired or not. Don’t need boomers to keep telling us off.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app