Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for the reply. There might be a double post since one of my earlier ones is being moderated, but I want to see if I can get this out ASAP.

I've been spamming job boards & agencies for the past year and have gone for about 5 2nd round interviews. This is my first offer, and I know the pay isn't that great; but I'm more looking to know if the product knowledge I learn at CPF in a customer service position can help me with my career after my contract (e.g. can move on to another stat board/ which industry will what I learn be useful) since I don't think I can climb if I stay anyway....
Hey! Based on what you've explained, i think you should just go ahead and take the job first if you also believe it will catapult you into your intended career trajectory. I think the pay is low because it's a position for diploma holders so it doesnt match degree pay. If you're ok then go for it! don't miss the offer. Update us

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app