Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for the reply. There might be a double post since one of my earlier ones is being moderated, but I want to see if I can get this out ASAP.

I've been spamming job boards & agencies for the past year and have gone for about 5 2nd round interviews. This is my first offer, and I know the pay isn't that great; but I'm more looking to know if the product knowledge I learn at CPF in a customer service position can help me with my career after my contract (e.g. can move on to another stat board/ which industry will what I learn be useful) since I don't think I can climb if I stay anyway....
Hey! Based on what you've explained, i think you should just go ahead and take the job first if you also believe it will catapult you into your intended career trajectory. I think the pay is low because it's a position for diploma holders so it doesnt match degree pay. If you're ok then go for it! don't miss the offer. Update us