Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - CV writing advice?
View Single Post
Old 24-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
And even if we employers don't read it beforehand, they will read it while interviewing you. That makes a clear and succinct CV all the more important. between a 1-pager that is clear and well written and a 5-page jibber jabber, you know which one the employer prefers, whether he is reading it before or during the interview.
First of all, the interviews I go to are mixed. Got SME and also have MNC, generally not much difference as far as I can tell. The MNC ones tend to be more structured, got fixed questions, behavior analysis type question or sometimes role play, but most don't really know or remember much about my CV.

That's the point. If you can already get an interview even when they dun read before hand, your performance or acting skills during interview are going to be much more important than how good you write your CV.

Of course broken English and crappy CV is big no no, but the point I'm making here is CV is not really a game changer, having a superb CV compared to a good CV is not going to make much diff. If you have managed to impress your employer in interview, they are not going to go back and read your CV and say "his CV not really impressive, so let's reject him".

Similarly if you failed to impress during interview, employer also not going to say "well at least his CV looks superb, let's hire him". A CV only useful in getting employer to call you down, all I'm saying is that most of the time they don't even have time to read in detail what your write, they will just throw out obvious lousy ones and tikam the remaining.