Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - CV writing advice?
View Single Post
Old 24-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is all very sensible and logical -- if the employer bothers to read your CV. How many times people go for interview to realise that interviewers are asking questions as they read along your CV on the spot?

This is a clear indication that they have not read your CV and are whacking questions, reading your CV and hearing your answers at the same time. In short, even if your CV is fantastic, they are just starting to read it as you are being interviewed.

You can't blame HR or hirer actually, they see dozens of CV everyday and have many other things to do besides recruitment. Like I say, they will bump off the obvious CMI ones, but other than that it's just random numbers game most of the time. My ex-boss lagi best, he only read 2 things, current pay to ensure budget met and sum up total years of relevant experience, tell HR the ones he shortlisted and proceed to interview by saying "tell me more about yourself".
I'm sorry you met all the lazy employers, or maybe you were interviewing at mickey mouse firms that don't really care.

From where i am and were, we do read the CV. And even if we employers don't read it beforehand, they will read it while interviewing you. That makes a clear and succinct CV all the more important. between a 1-pager that is clear and well written and a 5-page jibber jabber, you know which one the employer prefers, whether he is reading it before or during the interview.