Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - CV writing advice?
View Single Post
Old 24-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by miwashi View Post
I've checked out some samples on the internet and it seems many don't; they just have a one liner showing their period of employment at various places. I feel that this approach won't make us look good and will not show our achievements.
My g/f is from HR, she say CV is the most over-rated thing candidates think they have. Many think CV is crucial to get good jobs, pay etc when in fact most employers dun even bother to read before interview. I never work in HR before, but I think what she say makes sense.

Think about it this way, unless you are applying for senior management position, every job posting got 50 to hundreds of CV. Do you think any employer going to waste time reading them? First round CV screening also normally done by junior HR staff or some junior manager for the job. The standard procedure is to throw out the obvious and just pick the first few randomly to do interview.

If can find good one, offer. If not, pick another few to interview again. A lot of companies nowadays outsource to recruiters to do the 1st round screening. No matter what the recruiters tell you about helping you to convince employers to see you, fact of the matter is they don't. They'll do essentially the same thing: Out of 100 CV, throw out the 50 obvious misfit, then pick 10 out of 50 and send the CV to client and do basic admin work like schedule for interview.