Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Where to buy Term Insurance?
View Single Post
Old 29-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Colin---

Default 1539

There are people out there who are good and bad. For me, as a real professional, it's our duty to highlight the pros and cons of each product and recommend the plan that fulfill the client's most. Unless the client know exactly what he wants. Individuals needs are varied from each other. Some know how to invest and they have discipline in their investment planning. Of course,buy term and invest strategy will work. However, Need to bear in mind that, the rest of the money invested are meant to provide the coverage when the term plan is no longer in force.

Some don't want to pay till old and want coverage for life. then whole life is suitable for them. Well my company never trained me to promote particular products and in fact Manulife has strict policy to advise on client's need. Planner have their own professionalism to advise the client needs, thus in my point of view it's unfair to hold the old school perception for planner.

Personal banker are the one whom are forced to sell the product without having analysis of client's need and no one complain that much. Thus, it's time to change the perception of client.