Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19 Batch - Are your lowering your expectations?
View Single Post
Old 19-05-2020, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sounds your company dont really practice campus hiring, which targets local unis. Theres are reason why MNC companies have grad programmes which pay >4k. Simply because GPA correlates a lot with hard work and IQ.

A local uni grad with >4.0 CAP will simply be smarter and more hardworking than those with no degree or tier 3 unis. We are investing in them for the future, for them to give us ideas. Why would we wanna pay someone who just listen to instructions and no ability to adapt and use new knowledge. The question is not how much they can do now, but of the potential of the individual.

My company does a lot using IQ test and case study as preliminary screening, you notice only the tier 1 and tier 2 unis get past this, the lousier uni students typically dont stand a chance. No degree is obviously out of the question.
Well my company does mobile / Web design with real client... Like McDonald's pizza hut. MOE etc. None. None of the local uni candidate we interview or tested have any skills for our company.
Yes they have a lot of theory computer science knowledge... Probably better for them to join mnc to be one of the many dunno do what just attend meeting workforce.

We have real contracts. Real demand. Real skills are required. Hence we value those polytechnic or private uni who have the skills. Css. Html. Video editing skills etc. More than a nus comp science or NTU comp graduate.

Like I said. Fresh grad. Has no skills.