Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ST Electronics
Thread: ST Electronics
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2020, 02:39 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm an experienced mechanical engineer from a small SME. My last drawn salary was 4.9k but that's 6 years of experience. I join ST because I wanted to get into a more stable corporate company. SME can collapse anytime and was feeling stuck 6 years.

HR offered me 4.5k because according to them 4.9k going to exceed the pay range. I was given E6 job title. Also my SME only have year end aws no performance bonus. ST reasoned that there is up to 3 months PB so they can't match exactly 4.9k that I'm asking.

I accepted the offer at 4.5k. Got 1 aws and 2 months bonus. So per annum ST did give me a better offer compared to my old SME. After the new scheme my pay was increased to 5k.

Im shocked that fresh grad is getting 5k..
Can I rejoin ST as a fresh grad with 7 work experience? And ask for 5.2k?
4.5k - 4.9k is for DSTA, not ST. ST fresh grad comp science degree software engineers get offered 3.6k - 4k with no experience. other roles get 3.6k+ for fresh grad with no exp.

Your field is mechinical engineering. most people's mentioned salary for their E6 role is for the IT related work in ST electronics. Your salary of 4.5k - 4.9k offer is fine & average for your field with 6 years experience