Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 13-05-2020, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

Jiayou All
in late 2018, i left my manufacturing job due to the rotating shift and dont think working rotating shift is good for my long term health.
Initially, I was picky with the jobs, however, as time goes by, I begun to apply for more wide variety of job.

i was jobless close to 8 months, before starting work in later half of 2019. Applied over 200 jobs from jobstreets and direct to company. only got called up for less than 20 companies. My advise is to keep applying, and trying.

Critical to keep track of your expenditure, fortunate I stay with my parents. But i still contribute by giving them allowances(from my past savings). Its a reminder to keep myself actively looking for jobs.

Also, good to keep active, by exercising, can be simple push up and sit up (gd way to keep fit for IPPT). The extra 300 - 500 is very handy. Also to have a good regime or timetable, like wake up, exercise, apply jobs and take courses etc.

also not to gamble, i have an account with Spools. And i donate quite abit of my savings to them. Better to find healthier habits