Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Msc Qf/Mathematics
View Single Post
Old 19-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

hi I am planning to take one, but one in hong kong instead. I plan to work there after I graduate. Singapore is too small a financial sector as compared to Hong Kong which has access to the China markets.

I also considered abt taking one in local uni cos its cheaper but I felt money can be earned back, but opportunties cannot. I may suffer financially by moving to hong kong but it will be something I know I will regret if i did not.

thus I am saving up money now.

as for paywise, expect to be paid abt the same pay or maybe abit higher than a fresh grad if lets say you are switching from an irrelevant industry. if you had previous banking exp b4, then you would of course earn more.

the thing is don't expect too much from this masters. What it can do is just open opportunties for u. e.g. u r switching industries. paywise still have to depend on which sector of banking u r going into and whether its a foreign bank or not. But when management is considering promotions or meeting clients, the masters may just give u an edge but not 100% all the time.

i wld say masters + cfa is necessary if you really wanna make it in banking but i have seem ppl without that doing v well too.