Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 26-04-2020, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello all,

Being a DXO has always been my dream. It was just too bad that I couldn't sign on because of some medical condition.

I graduated in 2018, and I have tried for MINDEF every year since then. Currently, I am working in another Ministry. So I would like to seek some inputs on the burning questions I have:

1) Are public servants/civil servants considered more favourably when it comes to DXO selection?

2) The official stance is that the PT results are valid for 1 year. However, I have heard rumours that even though HR will allow you to take PT again after 1 year (if you had failed), you still wouldn't be able to make it past PT stage for 3 years straight. How true is that? Anyone failed to be a DXO, tried again the subsequent year and got in?

3) Which positions are less hot? Would want to maximise my chances this time round. Realized that I might have been rejected in the previous years because I have indicated traditionally popular and competitive posts like DPO and Defence Relations.

Thanks yáll!
1. Relevancy of experience. Do know that priority are given to internal first. Sometimes your competitors for the roles include internal applicants.

2. Time and Space. Just try your best for those PT. HR will contact you again if they need you to take it again. Having said that if you failed moer than 3 years, they might just not shortlist you for it because i have heard my friend discussing about his unit taking into account of PT scores.

3. Should follow your interest or experience or academic experience, rather than applying for jobs that are less hot. Granted the policy and data roles are extremely competitive because of its nature.. try those in the ‘other’ sections like training related appointment should have more chance to do so... but if your experience doesnt fit, then it is unlikely they would consider you unless desperate.

Good luck.