Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Fresh Grad Advice: Local Big 4 Strategy vs Hong Kong Transaction Banking
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by trutem View Post
Hi there, I currently have 2 offers on hand:

1) Local Big 4 Strategy Consulting Role
2) Hong Kong based Transaction Banking Management Rotational Program

Compensation wise - The banking program definitely pays more but net of my expected rent it is about the same as the big 4 strategy consulting role.

I have done a consulting internship at a top tier firm before and I did not really enjoy it the most (long working hours, grinding excel etc.) but i recognize that exit opportunities are abundant, just not sure if the same exit opportunities applies the same from a Big 4 perspective.

Wanted to get anyone's thoughts about how would they choose between these 2 opportunities?

Thank you!
avoid big 4 at all cost. it's a trap. i was from KPMG corporate finance. it's nothing more than glorified audit. starting pay is barely higher (3.9k in 2016) and you basically do all the audit work. no financial projections, no consulting experience, nothing. pure accounting and reconciliation. stayed there for 2.5 years before I jumped to a local bank.

if you start at big 4, it's damn hard to exit to consulting or IB roles. if that's where your end goal is, then don't join big 4. start directly with the bank.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app