Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Relocating to Singapore, is 8000SGD per month reasonable?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbeat777 View Post
I have recently been offered a salary of 8000 SGD per month at Singapore by my current employer. To give you some background, I'm a 27 year old IT professional with a Bachelor's engineering degree in IT. I have 5.5 years of experience working for a large MNC as a Network consultant in India.

My wife, who is also in the same field will be looking for a job in SG once we move there. I'm a little concerned about the salary offered because SG is considerably more expensive than India and we are not sure if we would be able to maintain the same sort of lifestyle that we currently enjoy. We tend to eat out a lot because none of us is particularly good at cooking. We have no other debts or loans at the moment and our main expenditure in India is rent, eating out, house helps, pet food and vet bills, shopping and entertainment (equivalent of 300-500 SGD per month in India), car fuel and weekend getaways.

Ofcourse, once my wife starts working, we know that we will be far more comfortable but our intention is to save her entire salary and invest it.

Will 8000SGD be sufficient to have a comfortable life for two (plus a pet)? We don't intend to buy a car and would be happy to use public transport. We also aren't very picky about eating at expensive places all the time. We do however, love our shopping and going out.

Your views are highly appreciated!

Don't BS here lah!! my father minister lah my grandfather warren buffet. lim pei 999 billion per month. ALL rubbish waste time

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app