Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 31-03-2020, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Would like to ask people here regarding health insurance. I earn 5k a month, take home around 4k. I spend around 900 dollars on all my health insurance (including hospitalization, term and whole life plans). I have a whole life policy, the Aviva mindef term plan, a hospitalization plan (covers up to private hospital), as well as 2 different critical illness coverage plans.

I would like to ask if that is about right, or am I spending too much? (As at the end of the day, other than my whole life plan, there is no cash value to all my other policies..)

I've always thought that MediShield Life + a good premium rider policy would suffice in most cases, and riders are relatively inexpensive and can be paid for with CPF.

And as for "life insurance" plans, just beware that the companies will find some way to screw around you and pay you an absolutely crap return on your policy's maturity in spite of what was "projected" when you first signed.

Source: parents' life insurance policy matured. Return was 3% (yes, TOTAL returns) over 30 years, needless to say extremely horribly off the projected target returns.