Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - fresh grad seeking a career,but no luck
View Single Post
Old 20-03-2020, 06:28 PM

psikyo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wow, stumbled upon this thread and this was such a wholesome thread, i love how you periodically returned to update and keep us in the loop in your life's progression. This was one of the best character development arcs i've read around here, hahaha!

Life is really a game of snake and ladders so i'm happy you've managed to accrue enough good luck and opportunities at the right time and place to get to your current position! Keep up the positive spirit and I hope things continue sailing smoothly for you, your wife and upcoming baby (hehe)

However i'm really curious how you were able to afford a flat with renovation on your paycheck back then? Both you and your wife were working and contributing? I'm guessing the salary must be pretty comfortable! If you don't mind, please share more on how you overcame the financial hurdles too since you werent exactly in the best circumstances previously
Hey, thanks so much for your positive comment. Meant alot to me! Deeply appreciated. I'll try to update here as and when I remember hahaha. Not always but periodically. Indeed, there were opportunities that were up for grabs. But it was a small step throughout my whole career nonetheless. My wife was there for me whenever it comes to 'ladder climbing' decision.

So back then, when I was in my final year at poly, we tried to bid for a bto. My wife was working and I was studying then. We were quite lucky to bid this project. So that gave us a rough timeline on how to plan for our bto's renovation & our wedding,which is roughly about 4years worth of time to do it.

As soon as I graduated, we decided to save as much as we can. And decided to set a fixed amount that we will save. For me it was about 60% of my salary. From there,we tried to save here and there,cut down on 'want' items like travelling or buying non-essential stuffs.

We tried to cut down on our wedding too. In fact, we only did a ROM ceremony and that's that. When it comes to our turn to take our bto, we did the same thing. Tried to save here and there for our renovation. Even our reno is just a simple one. Hope you get a glimpse of how I did it. But that's how we really did it.

Back then,my salary was just a fresh diploma grad salary. I wouldn't say my salary is pretty comfortable even now. I'm trying to hit my goal though. So wish me luck!

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app