Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2020, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzzled educator View Post
Hi all, I'm wondering how possible is it to get an A for Geo 3? I have managed to get an international award for my school. I have done quite a fair bit in my IP Dept. I'm heading a project in my IT Dept. I have added responsibilities in my current job. I just got promoted to Geo 3 last year. I am a guy.

To be honest, I am one of the golden officer in the school. My bosses like me and they do give me many chances to excel. However, when I did target setting with my RO, she mentioned that the school didn't see any leadership potential in me yet. So I asked her what to do? She said do something along ur aspiration.. Hmmm.... Not that I'm lazy to do anything new, but I'm not very sure what more can contirbute to the school? I guess to become a KP, you gonna keep on showing your face to the SLs even though u are not doing much. Have a chat and just show face. I'm not that type of person who will just show up in SLs office just to 'wayang'.

I am not a scholar. But my HOD praises my competencies in classroom management and applaused my effort in changing the challenging students' behaviour. What should I do more?

Personally I don't feel that I'm being groomed. I feel that I'm not developed professionally as an educator. At times when I see my direct Lh being super incompetent and super last minute, but able to get away from all the mess my LH have created, I just wondered how does she become a KP. Well, showing face to the P in her first show to the school did help much I guess. The following year my LH was promoted. Imagined vetting a P3 paper for 1 month for 1st draft and another month to 2nd vetting. When exam was just weeek 9 of the term. That left me >1 week to edit and resubmit. Omg. Any advices from the fellow colleagues too? - Troubled educator
How long have you been in the service? I have gotten A even at Geo 4. So it is very possible to get A at your sub grade.

The responsibilities given to you is to ascertain your aptitude and attitude. When it comes, it comes. No need to rush to be appointed. You can also be doing many things, but without relevany duties for you to glorified yourself during interview for the appointment you are going for it will be tough.