Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - HR or Physiotherapy (Career Switch)
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 09:48 AM

linmin10234 is on a distinguished road
Smile HR or Physiotherapy (Career Switch)

Hi everyone,

I am a new joiner in this forum and would like to have everyone's professional and wise opinion on my dilemma that i am having now.

I am currently in the midst of deciding if i should switch my careers from HR to Physio but am hesitant due to a few factors.

1) Worried that i may not be able to survive the university course as my science has not been that strong in secondary school.

2) The career path / progression of being a physiotherapist.

3) 4 years of study against 4 years of working exp as a HR. (Basically the potential earnings i may miss against potential earnings i may gain after a switch)

Currently a dip holder in HR and 26 years of age with 1yr 3 mths exp in HR.

My current interests are basically keeping fit and enjoying work that allows me to run around and not be to deskbound.

With regards to talking to people, i am fine if there's a logical objective and meaningful conclusion to it.

What i would say to a career that i would like is something that allows me to actually make plans and have an impact on a positive impact on a person / organization.

A little bit more about me, i am open to criticism, working hard and basically just your typical "tell me what you need done and i'll get it done somehow" person in an office and in school.

Please feel free to ask me anything else that you'd require to know and i would be happy to reply if i am comfortable with it.

Thank you

Best Regards,
A confused local