Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Net worth? Mine is negative.
View Single Post
Old 20-05-2011, 11:41 AM

debt is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the replies. Yup, one mistake after another when I was younger. Banks definitely got richer. If I had been wiser when I was younger, I would have been better off now. Actually, I didn't really enjoyed much before I was in big trouble. At its worst, I was closed to 90k in debt when my annual income was 50k. Rolled over interest and the minimum payment alone ate into my expenses, after cpf deduction.

My resilience kept me out of bankruptcy, my family gave me the strength to carry on.

To those who are on the opposite end of my situation, I understand you may not know what to say, and I respect you for being on the other side. To those who are walking my old path, don't.

To the guy who earns 3k and age 34, what you said about my two years' savings is only possible if I do not need to spend at all. My annual 100k included cpf, bonuses, car instalment, parents, kids, utilities, internet, etc. Of course, I would have more savings than you if not for my screw-up when younger.
I never took what you said as being scornful, it is the truth. Prudence go a long way, and that is where it got you now. You have my respect.

If there is one regret in my life, the mistakes I've made when I was younger will top it.

There is no regret pill in this world.