Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 17-05-2011, 06:12 PM

Anonymous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi there,

Thanks for your advice. Sounds like you have a considerable level of experience in HR of civil service.

I'm a guy (served NS) who joined civil service fresh out of university. Within 3 years of service, i got promoted from MX13 to MX12 (first year confirmation) and from MX12 to MX11 in my third year of service. Judging by your pace of promotion, I appear to be doing all right. But to my knowledge, such a feat (to get MX11 at 28-29 years old) in my ministry is rare for a non-scholar. Would like to seek your views on this, please.

Another matter is that would you happen to have insights into the Hi-Po programme?

Thanks! =)
Hi, to clarify, I'm not from HR but I've been in the service long enough (7 years work + 2 years NS) to be able to make some observations.

Based on what you have mentioned, you seem to be doing alright and fall within, or possibly slightly ahead of the time-norms. I don't see it as a rare feat since quite a number of my colleagues who are non-scholars reach mx11 around 5-6 years in service (including NS). I think CEP plays quite an important part in all these and the trajectory of someone with a CEP of mx9 (at least) should be something like that, plus minus 1-2 years.

The hipo programme comes with more work but they give you some allowance. My view is that it is meant to retain those who are not quite good enough to be on the Admin Service, including MAs who did not get absorbed. From what I've observed, there seems to be some CEP-age cut off, among other things, to qualify. My guess is at least high mx9 before age 30, and at least mx8 after age 30. I might be wrong of course. You don't apply to be on hipo. They will emplace you if you meet the criteria.

Last edited by Anonymous; 17-05-2011 at 06:15 PM.