Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 17-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

Hi there,

Thanks for your advice. Sounds like you have a considerable level of experience in HR of civil service.

I'm a guy (served NS) who joined civil service fresh out of university. Within 3 years of service, i got promoted from MX13 to MX12 (first year confirmation) and from MX12 to MX11 in my third year of service. Judging by your pace of promotion, I appear to be doing all right. But to my knowledge, such a feat (to get MX11 at 28-29 years old) in my ministry is rare for a non-scholar. Would like to seek your views on this, please.

Another matter is that would you happen to have insights into the Hi-Po programme?

Thanks! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
i hope civil servants on this thread will not worry too much about their increments, etc. The following questions are more pertinent:

1. Do you have a sense of what your CEP is? Are you are satisfied with it?
2. Do you like the work you are doing? Will you be happy if you spent the rest of your career in your ministry/dept/stat board?

Once you have answers, everything else will fall in place. Promotions and increments are all pegged against the answer to the first question.

My estimates for non-AOs are as follows.

An average fresh grad's CEP is about a low mx9. This yields a pace of promotion to mx11 within 5 years of service (including NS for guys), and to mx10 within about 10 years of service, plus minus a couple of years. Superscale mx9 i.e. Director level - earliest is late 30s, to 40s. Some directors are still mx10.

The average increment is ard 350, plus minus 100 or so.

For those who are not satisfied with your CEP, you might want to consider working harder, and agreeing on a progression plan with your boss (and his boss) to bump up your CEP. If that cannot be done, then you need to take a 'hard look at things', and review your options.