Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Pharmacy or Chemical Engineering
View Single Post
Old 29-07-2019, 02:21 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
May I ask what are the common future prospects for pharmacy grads?
As an outside, I see most grads entering into the hospital or large chain pharmacies, some move into research roles at the big Pharma houses while some enter as sales Med reps

The Chem Engineers tend to have a more varied career, into the oil companies as engineers or more commercial facing roles or into finance and commodities
Hello, afaik pharma grade work at hospital/clinic/pharmacies dispensary, some make it to the big pharm manufacturing firms like GSK, novartis & MSD (do note tho that it is very competitive to get into these MNCs because frankly speaking they’d consider chem eng and pharmaceutical science grads for their slightly more relevant technical skills as well). MOH and HSA do hire pharma grads as well (but then again, they hire from any disciplines too..) This is what I know from my pharma friends, but perhaps there are others who are more informed about this.

Chem Engineers definitely have a wider array of career choices - oil & gas, chemicals, pharm manufacturing, fmcg (lab/analyst), semicon, shipping... There are also a handful who do make it into finance/IT but they are really only a small % of the entire cohort.