Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 17-07-2019, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi guys, I have 3 job applications that have turn to In Process but have not yet received any calls for an interview yet, it’s been about 2-3 weeks and have not heard anything. How long should I wait to know if I’m not selected?
It depends on the ministry/ SB. In my friends and my case, we usually receive interview calls within 3 weeks (<1 month) from the change of status to “In Process”. There were also applications which had their status changed from “In Process” to “Unsuccessful” after 1-2 weeks (maybe we were what they were looking for, or that they felt we weren’t as suitable as the other candidates). There were also some which remained as “In Process” for months without any follow-up from the HR (even till today). I think the usual wait is around 1-2 months (no more than 3 months, I’d say) for the first call from HR regardless of whether the status has been changed to “In Process” (some still remained as “Submitted” when the HR called us for first round of test/ interview).