Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 30-06-2019, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I ask, when you sign up for these portals to look for jobs,
Will the gp employers interview these locums before hiring them to do a shift? If yes, any particular things they looking for? (Like mmed/gdfm etc?)

Can I also ask, for private GPs, is the knowledge that you gain from your hospital medical postings useful or it is a completely different world?
Most don't really interview. They can check if u have a full registration online. But must give MCR number. One asked for NRIC but most don't. Actually, they should. Some ask if u have GDFM or MMed but even if u don't, u can still locum though having them is an advantage.

Hospital postings definitely help. I did a lot of paeds snd geri, cardio, pysch and polyclinic postings. But no surgical MO postings so I don't do minor surgery but most clinics don't mind this.

But for a lot of GPs, they have to rely on health screenings, vaccinations and aesthetics to help boost income. Cannot just rely on managed contracts seeing company subsidised patients.

Career advancement is up to u. U can set up yr own clinic or partner to open a chain.

I don't like the headache of doing business. So I just freelance locum. Free and easy. Saw my friends set up and failed before too.