Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 13-06-2019, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Abolishing TCs seriously?? How will they get fresh blood then? Not to mention cheap labour.
I am not the one you quoted but I believe some firms, in order to cut costs, will choose either:

1) Offer TCs but don't retain

2) No TCs but employ associates straight away

For option 1, it is great for some firms since there is ongoing cheap labour and obedient subordinates. I think, if I am not wrong, a few small law practices are doing this so that they can save money on secretaries, which the boss has to pay more for experience and bonuses.

For option 2, some law firms opt to do this because they had experience of former trainees 'playing them out' by opting not to stay on with the training firm. Usually it happens with bigger law firms, where the trainees whom they pooled resources and effort to train choose not to stay and jump ship. In even more drastic cases, the trainees just wanted to be called to the bar and FO from the legal industry and follow their interests

In any way, this is not really a good sign. And with the ongoing trade war between US and China, who knows what will happen to the economy?