Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Need some advice
I am currently 5months into a new job in civil service, but i dont like the role
I am going to have my mid year performance review session with my Dir soon. Im not sure which is the best decision to take

1.) ask for secondment opportunities? Is it possible to rotate into a new role before the 1year emplacement mark? Has anyone done it before?
2.) don’t mention anything about my intention to move. Instead, resign and find another role myself elsewhere

Which option above is the wisest to take?
Any advice will be appreciated
Try looking out for other jobs.. If you find something else you like better, then resign. Even secondment also not say you want to second to where you are free to choose. So if you want to do something you like, you need take it in your own hands. Because your problem is you don't like the role, not like you don't like your boss or colleagues. Seconding you elsewhere, also may not necessarily be something you like, unless you have full control of where you want to move to. Unless your issue is the people, then ya maybe seconding to somewhere else, a change of people, things will be better.