Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 28-05-2019, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Looking for a job is like playing toto. Just keep applying to increase your chances of winning. I just applied to any job that I had the slightest interest in even if I don't 100% fit the requirements. Only 5 replied back. Sometimes I get 0 replies for more than a month. I went to all 5 interviews, got 1 offer from a small company and accepted it.

Then 1 week before I started working, the company rescinded the offer because of budget issues. Knn. I had to start all over again. Finally after 4 more months and 3 more interviews I got another job offer and accepted it. I think for the past one year I must have applied to 1000+ jobs. Hit rate is damn low, but you only need 1 job. So don't give up.
Sorry to hear about the rescinded offer. I totally feel you after I kenna 2 times fake hope from 2 employers. One of them even got the cheek to tell me my starting pay is higher than expected pay and will draft a letter of appt, only to last minute tell me they freeze headcount and then contact me again to tell me the hr will try to speak to the management again and no news from them . Horrible company. The other company is due to the manage I am suppose to work under suddenly left the company so I was left stranded for awhile. Need to restart job searching.

Anyway , thanks for the encouragement. Weird employers are everywhere.