Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2019, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

Default Advice

I have been around Long enough, including being at Hq, to know how it works. Remember that this is the civil service and worse still the teacving service. Know that it IS YOUR ROs job to develop you to achieve your aspirations. Scholar can non scholar makes no diff. I have seen a non Hons grad progress as fast as scholars and in a JC. Can you believe that? No not kidding . It’s just that the majority are stuck in complaining rather than realising this fact.

Observe ur school environment . Which committee bosses are always fighting for their staff? Which committee are always getting the attention of the Ps and VPs? I heard student council is a very good choice in some places . Which HODs? Do what u can to join the gang. Discuss school issues with your P and VP - with a positive spin of course! If a new initiative is working for eg. And of course work hard. I know of teachers, not many of course, who work hard every nite till 12 midnite and on weekends. Join an extra committee. And never step on anybody’s toes- definitely not anyone who sits on the ranking panel but also anyone in general as that persons bff may be on the ranking panel .

It works .