Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 16-05-2019, 11:42 PM

Broccoliandbeef is on a distinguished road

Hi guys...

I went for an interview at a PA today...

It was a panel interview of 4 interviewers.

Immediately after the pleasantries, I was asked to share a little bit about myself.

I shared with them how i started working in the charity sector as a fundraiser because i wanted to help people. When i got to the part whereby I told them i raised 8 figures as a fundraiser within 3 years for a rather small charity, an interviewer (i assume is the highest ranked) started telling me that i have a speciality and not everyone can raise such amount for charities. It takes good skills and peoples skill to do it.

I thanked him, and before i could say anything, he almost went on trying to convince me that charities need people like me and my skills are invaluable to the less fortunate. I have the leverage to ask for a good salary etc etc..

He almost exclusively spoke for 30 minutes (all other interviewees had only 15 minutes).

One interviewer even joked that we were convincing one another why i should stay and why i wanted the position.

We ended the conversation by him saying 'i have given you lots to think through, if you are interested to join us, email our HR manager'

He tried so hard to convince me not to join them, but yet, asked me to email their HR if i am interested?

I am so confused????