Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 16-05-2019, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemiShino View Post
Then what happens to people like us right now ??
stay dead ?
Do you have any network that can help? It is indeed quite a harsh world out there. Network does help. If you have peers working elsewhere, get their help to recommend you. In worse time, you may even need to go through friend of friends. I have also been out of job for quite a long time. Trust me, I understand the pain, the disappointment and the anxiety. In the end, I have to put my pride down, ask around from friends and friends' friends for help, and accept job which may not fit my wishlist in terms of remuneration, roles, part time, contract, etc.

Unless you can afford to wait till the market recovers, but honestly, done of us can we predict the future (who knows when it will recover). Especially for us who are older, each day passed, means a day we are less "valuable" to the workforce. It is natural that organisations want young, cheap and can learn fast people. With the industries changing so fast, even our past experiences (no matter how impressive it is) will soon become obsolete someday.

I am not going to say "beautiful words" like "don't give up. you will find your dream job one day", because I have been through equally dark periods of unemployment and I knew such "beautiful inspiration words" do little to help with the disappointment and despair we are feeling. All I can say, please stay strong. It is an emotional roller coaster, but no matter what, please stay strong.