Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 16-05-2019, 01:25 PM
Verified Member

heracles is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why do interviewers always tend to give candidates false hopes ? Some interviewers will tell you to give them a weeks' time to give you results and you know roughly whether you have a chance or not. Some interviewers will tell you they are also interviewing other candidates and will you let you know in a few days time. Such interviewers are better in a way they are more honest and won't give you false hope as you know they are trying to be polite in rejecting you. I appreciate such interviewers. But some interviewers can smile and chat with you until got dragon got tiger and then at the end of the interview, tell you ok ok, will call you or send you email. Then never hear from them again. And you waited in vain with the added depression.
Reason being, you are never confirmed to be rejected unless the 1st priority candidate accepts the offer. So in a scenario whereby youre not the 1st priority, chances are you are the backup offer.

Its the same where if I have two offers at hand, I will not reject another until I signed the offer that I want