Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 28-04-2019, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

Talking welll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i think overall is just to test one's english standards. as long as you get all the grammatical and SBV correct then it should be fine i guess. content is logical and rational then should be safe too.

I have been to one and saw the guy after me writing like a page full of words.

I always convince myself that if everyone that can get a job writing an essay, so can we....
If your work requires you to express yourself clearly and succinctly through writing (many jobs nowadays do, everybody is emailing everyone) then naturally your boss wants to ensure that you are not only book smart, you can also translate your thoughts into writing to help others see your perspective. I have friends who can get fch... but cannot craft a succinct email to clarify with our professor. Also have friends who can speak well, but cannot type a coherent 1k words assignment. always treat (pay) others to proofread (redo)

I also always question myself... I can write well, why can't I be paid well just like those jokers who type all day long. hahaha (I'm the one who gets paid to redo)