Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 26-04-2019, 09:15 AM
Unregistered

Talking awesome buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
there were 3! thank you!!
sounds like a heavy weight interview. assuming 1 is HR

Quote:
standard weakness and strength questions did not appear. was given a case study instead! I shall not reveal which ministry
Your future boss is quite particular that you have the skills to do critical thinking and problem solving under pressure (that a job is at stake) this type of interview sieves the academically inclined from the performers.
I know it's not helpful to say this, but I like this kind because I'm not academically inclined but I excel at problem-solving and decision making.

how to prepare? every interview I been to, I ask, "what is the process like" and "how long it will take". usually, the point of contact will tell you there a case study/essay+interview/2 hour Psychometric test (many MNC do it)-- even if they cannot explain more. that is already a godsend. depending on what field and position, you already can predict several possibilities and prepare for it.

just to share, mine at a Ministry near the town was case study + essay + panel all within 60 mins. they didn't mind to exceed though. first -essay, then a smiling panel, then ask me to solve the case. senior/managerial position are often like that. don't confuse with those "manager" that accept fresh grads.

all the best for the next battle.

Quote:
20-25 minutes i would say! see above! just to clarify, when i say standard, i mean questions that can be prepared beforehand.
maybe you demonstrated well and they already ticked all the boxes. sometimes long, simply means they are trying to put out the information they need from you because you had yet to portray the traits.