Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 24-04-2019, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anything to take note in filling up the application when applying through the portal?
I have applied a few but all got stuck under the same "submitted" status. So hoping can find some advices here.
Also realised not all openings have a closing date, so those without are still open? As I saw some openings have been opened for more than half a year.

Also noted some SB like govtech has their own portal too, but they post openings on both career@gov and their own website. Believe for those kind, it doesn't matter where one applied at?
It’s normal to see “Submitted” status. I got shortlisted for an interview with one of the ministries and the status was “Processing”, so it really depends on HR cos sometimes they are just too busy to change/update the status.

Those without closing date usually means that there’s no urgency for that particular role so HR can choose to leave it open for as long as they like until there’s no headcount.

Yup, some SB not just GovTech, A*Star EDB etc they have their own career portal so it doesn’t matter where you apply for that position.