Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2019, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

Default Thoughts for consideration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
would you consider MINDEF DXO to be better compared to other civil service appointments?
I'm not the same person you asked.

Better means there is a comparison So... Compare with what?

For me, I am the one with the average qualification. My motive for joining DXO is,

1.I observe friends in ministry, everyone is properly recognised as long they put in the effort to score points. I may enter slightly late but I am sick of unfair bosses that bias gender n bias colour especially in stat board and pte. Ministry tend to be heavily audited and employ only the people with highest integrity ( I hope so la...)

2.Also I know for a fact that DXO work life is balanced. I will have time to pursue other investment n interests. I am particular about per hour salary. If I want to score points for promotion I will put in the effort accordingly.

3. Most DXO I know are not go-getter, imagine FCH entitled to 5k (5 yr ago) ... Even refuse to work hard in 3 years also can promote n increment hit 7k... If I push hard I can stabilise at 6 - 7 k as SM or AD in less than 5 years and just cruise. People like me with poor grades working for gov must survive on multiple sources of income.

So, what are your needs buddy.