Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
3.5K is the rate for fch 10 years ago. Now should be around 4.2 to 4.5K
U sound like my mom who only remember the payscale of her time, 10 years ago when she was given golden handshake coz she's too expensive to keep.

Believe it or not I asked a ministry HR how much FCH NTU Gross now... 3.5k maximum at the best paid dept. no leeway upwards.
I asked because my cousins believe FCH no less than 4.. And they are waiting it out gaming at home. I asked them where their numbers come from, they said recruiter at their career fair... These salesmen say anything to get youngsters to fill forms for their KPI..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Depends which org and your relevant exp. Should be around 7-11k base.
I (non scholar) entered with 7 years exp at 8.2k (20% base cut).. now 3 years later I hit my ceiling of 9k (still within the same salary band as when I joined). Unless I get promoted to the next level (ceiling 11k) which some of peers are, I am stuck.
3-5 years ago was when cryptocurrency was rising, many industries booming, no such thing as adapt n grow, career future... Now everybody no jobs, so many involuntary part time... You are lucky to jump at the right time. I'm not saying u r lying... Many ministries have beautiful cars inside not shocking if their base indeed is 8k. Now these fellas everyday bootlick their boss n pray until retirement.

There are many youngsters here who lack context, don't make them misunderstand and peg themselves too high until zero calls.