Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 03:11 PM
Ambition

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Reply to above..

Keep applying for jobs.
For every opportunity applied to, imagine the process of getting calls from the HR, going for first round interview, second round, getting calls of being accepted.
Keep repeating this process of self imagination day by day.
That's how I'm getting by so as not to allow any moment of disappointment to set in.
Once negative thoughts come by, will easily slip into job search depression.
Good one

If you get to talk to a real human, means interview, keep reminding yourself, smile and maintain high spirits. Nobody is excited to shortlist a person who looks gloom and doom. They must have called you for a good reason. Everybody includes you, is seated there for 1-2 hours at an opportunity cost. Make full use of it to sell yourself. Don't ever say things like.. Just a job... Any amount will do... Not related but just do... Yes its the truth but nobody want to know truths.

There was one young hiring manager who really liked my profile said to me... When HR comes in later please don't say it's just a job.. We really like your profile. I screwed up on something else coz I wasn't well prepared.

And finally, at every stage you may meet different people. At the end of the interview swallow your pride and say sincerely, I need the job, I am willing to quickly pick up any differences to narrow the gap, please help me . I wasn't the top candidate but my current boss preferred sincerity instead of the best profile.

Every interview I made it into round 2 with my preparation and sincerity. My ideal job accepted me. The offered salary was the highest of 4 companies (all not high) .

Last but not least, Pray.