Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Pharmacy or Chemical Engineering
View Single Post
Old 31-03-2019, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Yes, many enter pharmacy with the goal of eventually making it into post grad medicine. My friends included. However, they tend to forget that they are now competing with the cream of the crop. Many were A students before uni but because they are now competing amongst themselves, inevitable some of them will no longer be A students. These students give up after the first or second year. Of course, these cases are not exclusive to pharmacy, many in computer science are like that as well now, but i shall refrain from commenting too much because im not too clear of the situation there.

For any fellow chem eng juniors/potential chem eng students, leave your queries. i should be lurking around these forums and will eventually get to answering them haha. What the poster above said is true, a significant number of my coursemates/seniors have managed to clinch MAPs in other sectors as well, me included.
Reason being the current job market is quite bad for non-technical/programming students but engineering (thankfully) trains you the basics at the very least. Some employers are willing to nurture you provided you have the basics down.