Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 31-03-2019, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Went for an interview with govt body 2 weeks ago. During the interview, the panel was quite positive about me. They acknowledged that I have the relevant skills for the job, although I only have 6 months experience. I explained why I had resigned from my previous job (toxic environment and not conducive for me to learn) which they also seemed to acknowledge. A few days after my interview, HR called me up and requested for a referral/recommendation letter from my past employer which I gave. Is this the norm? So far when I’ve gone for previous interviews, I was never asked for a referral letter and got the rejection email within 2 weeks.
You see, this can go many ways.
-They have taken into consideration your complaints you have for your last employment. (So, the letter you are going to submit better gel with what you've said) - the irony.
-Since you are of the view that the panel is quite positive about you, you continued to receive a call from the HR, then just pray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry I meant after the final interview. I got through to the final interview, wondering what happens next.
OH! CONGRATZ. What happens next. Have you been scheduled for medical? Medical comes before any further discussion. Logic is what for discussing the contract should you even not be fit medically.